Call for Applications: International Climate Protection Fellowships
Agency: Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Theme: Supporting future climate change leaders in developing countries
Value: monthly fellowship amount €2,150 – €2,650
Eligible Caribbean & Latin American Countries:Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Peru, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname
Field: Climate Change
Deadline:1 March 2017.
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s fellowship programme allows future leaders to spend a year in Germany working on a research-based project of their own choice in the field of climate protection. The programme is aimed at young climate experts from developing countries
Fellows are free to choose their own hosts and should be active in any of the following areas: scientific, engineering-based, legal, economic, health-related or social aspects of climate change.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent university degree completed less than 12 years ago
- Extensive theme-related work experience or a successfully completed doctorate in the field of climate protection
- Mentoring agreement signed by a host in Germany
- Clearly visible leadership potential
- Three-week introductory seminar, several-day training course, reception at the Federal Environment Ministry
- Up to 2 months intensive German course
- Family allowances, lump sum for travel expenses
The fellowship will commence on 1 March 2018.
For detailed information please visit: http://www.humboldt-foundation.de/ICF