The Conservation, Food and Health Foundation Grant
Agency: The Conservation, Food and Health Foundation Grant
Theme: Addressing Food and Health in the Developing World!
Value: $20,000 – $25,000
Eligible Caribbean Countries:Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines,Trinidad and Tobago,
Field: Conservation, Food, Health
Deadline: 1 January 2017
The Conservation, Food and Health Foundation aims to promote the conservation of natural resources, improve the production and distribution of food, and improve health in the developing world.
The Foundation supports projects that:
- demonstrate strong local leadership
- promotes professional development in the conservation, agricultural, and health sciences
- develop the capacity of local organizations and address a particular problem in the field
- Conservation grants help improve ecological and environmental conditions in the developing world. The foundation supports field research and related research activities, training, and technical assistance efforts that:
- help conserve viable ecosystems and protect biological diversity in developing countries
- train local leaders in conservation and protection of resources, with an emphasis on technical and scientific training
Food grants support focused efforts to improve access to food for consumption and regional markets. Areas of interest include projects that:
- promote or develop specific sustainable agriculture practices with potential to advance science and practice in other countries;
- explore and refine innovative education and training interventions for small scale food producers and farmers; and
- advance new approaches to control pests and diseases affecting important food crops of developing countries
The foundation supports public health programs that are preventive rather than curative in nature. It supports research, technical assistance, and training projects that:
- improve public health through community-based efforts that address health promotion, disease prevention, family planning, and reproductive health.
- increase the understanding and treatment of tropical diseases