ANZCA Scholarships for training in Health Care
Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) is pleased to offer training scholarship for students in developing countries. The Scholarship is available for pursuing training in a hospital in Australia and New Zealand.
ANZCA is the professional organisation for around 5000 specialist anaesthetists (Fellows) and 2000 anaesthetists in training (trainees). The scholarship is aimed at fostering leadership in anaesthesia, including intensive care and pain medicine in developing countries.
Funding will cover:
- Return economy class airfare between home country and Australia or New Zealand. Assistance for family travel may be provided.
- Visa, medical insurance, registration, police check and other related expenses.
- A living allowance.
- Costs of attendance at approved educational activities.
Applicants are required to be:
- Citizen of a developing country.
- Without residency status in Australia or New Zealand.
- A graduate of his or her country’s specialty training program to local fellowship or masters level.
- Aged between 25 and 40 years.
Successful applicants will be one who
- Meets the relevant Australian and New Zealand government immigration requirements.
- Meets the eligibility criteria imposed by the government of his or her country of citizenship.
- demonstrates adequate knowledge of the English language at a professional level and have satisfied Australian or New Zealand medical registration requirements (for example, IELTS).
- an application which is supported by an Australian or New Zealand Specialist Anaesthetist or Specialist Pain Medicine Physician.
- has the capacity to become a leader in anaesthesia and/or pain medicine in his or her own country.
- has made a timely submission of a detailed application on the appropriate form, supported by sponsorship statements and contact details of referees.
- has the ability to commence the scholarship in the calendar year for which it is offered.
- Must not hold another scholarship during the period of this scholarship.
DEADLINE: Application deadline is April 1st, 2016.
Applications must include all information requested and should be received by post. No late applications will be considered.