$25,000 Grant for Marine Research, Conservation & Education
The Save Our Seas Foundation (SOSF) offers a series of grants dedicated to research, conservation and education projects worldwide. These projects should integrate at least two of these components and focus on charismatic marine megafauna, particularly sharks, rays and skates.
The call for applications for 2017 is aimed at supporting research projects that promote the recovery of sawfishes (and their close relatives).
VALUE: Average 25,000 USD annually
Funds are allocated on an annual basis, with the option to apply for continued funding every year. The usual project duration is limited to three years.
Applications will be received from 1 April – 31 May 2016 (Stage I)
- The Keystone Grant application process consists of a two-stage online application: Stage I involves completing a short online form, equivalent to four to six pages. Stage II, by invitation only based on the Stage I application, will involve the completion of a longer and more detailed form, equivalent to 10 to 12 pages.
- It is the policy of the SOSF to provide, where practicable, a degree of continuing support to the projects it is funding; the leaders of such projects may be invited by the SOSF to complete an application for a continuation grant in the coming year.
- Only one application will be accepted from any one applicant.
- If a project leader has an SOSF Keystone Grant, he/she cannot apply for a new grant.
- All applications will be reviewed by the SOSF scientific committee and require final approval from the Foundation’s Board of Directors.
Please read the funding guidelines carefully.
Is this your first time applying for funding? Let us help you get started. START YOUR PROPOSAL NOW
Do you want more information like this? Sign up to our newsletter and receive updates delivered right to your inbox.Opt in