Funding for Academic Travel & Conferences open to Caribbean Nationals
Early Career Academic Grants
Thirty (30) Early Career Academic Grants are open to early career academics employed by ACU member universities to enable them to participate in a conference held in a Commonwealth country other than their own.
VALUE: Maximum 2000 GBP
The grant must be used to participate in a conference between 1 July 2016 and 31 December 2016. Grants can be used to cover travel & visa costs, conference fees, accommodation and subsistence
The conference to be attended must be
- a recognised academic conference in a field relevant to the applicant’s area of expertise.
- held in a Commonwealth country other than the applicant’s country of employment. Applicants must give details of their chosen conference at the time of application.
Applications will be strengthened by the applicant providing evidence of the submission/acceptance of a paper or poster, or other communication with the conference organisers.
At the time of application,
- applicants must be employed in an academic role by an ACU member institution.
- Applications are open to university staff who are less than ten years from the start of their employment in an academic role.
- Academic staff who have recently returned to work after a career break can also be considered: applicants to whom this criteria applies should make this clear in their application.
- Applicants must not have previously studied, worked or attended an academic conference outside their home region.
Other terms and conditions
Applicants must provide a letter of support from their head of department. Successful applicants will be responsible for arranging any required visa. Grants will be paid in a single instalment to a nominated individual at the grant holder’s home institution. Grant holders must provide an account of expenditure and a brief report on how their grant has been spent.
The ACU reserves the right to publish the names of successful applicants on the ACU website and in ACU publications.
How to apply
Apply here. Applications close on 15 April 2016 at midnight BST.
Is this your first time applying for funding? Let us help you get started. START YOUR PROPOSAL NOW
Do you want more information like this? Sign up to our newsletter and receive updates delivered right to your inbox.Opt in