Canada’s International Development Research Centre (IDRC) and the São Paolo Research Foundation (FAPESP) jointly announce the competitive Call for Proposals on “Innovations for marginalized youth economic inclusion”
FAPESP and IDRC have shared interests in creating new opportunities for vulnerable groups. This call aims to generate knowledge, innovation, and evidence to foster the economic inclusion of marginalized youth in Brazil and other Latin American and Caribbean countries.
FAPESP and IDRC proposals may be worth up to US$200,000 per project for up to 24 months.
Grants funded by the IDRC-FAPESP partnership are expected to respond to the following specific objectives:
- Support social innovation, out-of-the-box policies and grassroots practice to foster the economic inclusion of the most disadvantaged youth;
- Generate evidence on what works to foster vulnerable youth economic inclusion;
- Foster collaboration between researchers and implementing agencies so that practice and policies are informed by evidence;
- Contribute to policy debates on national and subnational policies and efforts to address economic exclusion among the most disadvantaged youth;
- Promote knowledge to foster the implementation of public policies of social relevance, when feasible
Applicants must review submission guidelines and submit their eligibility check by April 30, 2018
For Researchers Associated with a HERI-LAC, send your eligibility consultations to IDRC at the following email address: email@example.com.
Include the subject “FAPESP-IDRC Call Eligibility Check”, and ensure your email contains the information below:
- Name of the PI from the HERI- LAC, and partner PI from HERI-SP, and of their respective institutions;
- Summary CVs of both applicant PIs (in English, according to the template available atwww.fapesp.br/en/6351);
- Title and summary of the proposal;
- Estimated budget request and that of the partner in Sao Paulo separately, including fellowships and overheads costs;
- Duration of the project and an estimation of the weekly hours to be devoted to the project by both applicant PIs;
- Name and short description of the implementing agency in Sao Paulo (obligatory) and any additional implementing agencies from other Brazilian States or LAC.
Proposals are due by June 15, 2018
For further details, visit http://www.fapesp.br/en/11598