Agency: CaribbeanTales Inc.
Value: up to $30,000.00 USD in production funding for each of three (3) successful TV series pilots, that will be broadcast on Flow’s TV networks across the Region.
Eligibility: filmmakers, producers, writers, animators, and media practitioners from the Caribbean and its Diaspora
Field: Creative & Performing Arts
Deadline:March 30, 2017
The CaribbeanTales Incubator (CTI) is a year-round development and production hub, for Caribbean and Caribbean Diaspora Producers, that aims to create strong compelling and sustainable content for the global market. The ultimate goal of the CTI is to increase the pool of, world-class, indigenous film and television content, so as to build the region’s audio visual capacity.
The CTI-MIP is open to filmmakers, producers, writers, animators, and media practitioners from the Caribbean and its Diaspora. The core market for Projects is the English-speaking Caribbean and its diaspora, however the program is also open to producers from the wider diaspora including North and South America, Europe, Africa and India.
The Program is specifically targeted towards the creation of original, long-running half-hour series content, with a focus on market sustainability. We are looking to develop content that has the capacity to extend over many seasons.
Up to 10 projects will be selected on a competitive basis based on
- the quality of the proposal and
- participants’ previous work, and/or contributions to the Regional film industry.
- The applicant must submit a concept and script that has the potential to be developed into a long-running series of at least 13 and up to 52 episodes
- The project can be either fiction, documentary or animation, and must fit into the format of episodic television series
- The project must be owned or co-owned by a Caribbean national, or person of Caribbean heritage.
- The team must include at least 1 producer with a strong track record and significant production experience in film and television.
- The project must have a clearly defined audience.
The renowned CaribbeanTales Incubator Program (CTI), now in its eighth year, has hosted over two hundred (200) producers from across the Caribbean Region and its Diaspora. Sponsored by Flow, the Caribbean’s leading telecommunications company, the CTI serves as a funnel for the creation of original TV Series.
The CTI’s eight-week program includes seven weeks of online tuition, and an intensive five-day workshop in Toronto that culminates in a Caribbean Pitch Breakfast at the TIFF Bell Lightbox attended by high-profile industry delegates.