The International Women’s Media Foundation is a Washington-based organization, dedicated to strengthening the role of women journalists worldwide.The Foundation (IWMF) is seeking applications from the Caribbean and all over the world for the Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists.
The IWMF’s Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists provides financial support for women journalists to pursue opportunities that will make them leaders in the news industry.
VALUE: The IWMF will make an annual total of $230,000 worth of grants to support women journalists in their projects and endeavors.
- Women journalists whose primary profession is Professional Journalism.
- Journalists must have three or more years of professional journalism experience.
- Teams of journalists may apply, however the submission must be from a woman journalist and her team must include at least 50% women.
The fund was designed to help women journalists by providing grantees support to:
- Expose under-reported but critical global issues
- Undertake ambitious projects that challenge traditional media narratives
- Develop field-based expertise and strengthen careers
- Pursue training and leadership opportunities
- Launch entrepreneurial news projects or acquire the skill to do so.
Apply via Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists.
Is this your first time applying for funding? Let us help you get started. START YOUR PROPOSAL NOW
Do you want more information like this? Sign up to our newsletter and receive updates delivered right to your inbox.Opt in