The Swiss Re Foundation is accepting proposals for The ReSource Award.
“The ReSource Award acknowledges social entrepreneurial initiatives aimed at prototyping or scaling up new approaches for resolving existing social and/or ecological issues related to sustainable water management practices.” (Swiss ReFoundation, 2015)
USD 20 000 received while a finalist,
Financial support up to a total value of USD 75 000, over three years and non-financial support from April 2017 to April 2020.
The short and full proposals submitted will be assessed with regard to the following areas:
- Social and ecological challenge: The proposal demonstrates a profound and authentic understanding of the social and ecological problem to be addressed.
- Impact: The expected social, ecological and economic impact is clearly defined and in line with the scope of the ReSource Award.
- Approach: The proposal outlines a compelling social entrepreneurial approach to address the defined challenge. The defined goal and expected impact can realistically be achieved with the approach presented.
- Financials: There is a financially viable business plan in place based on clear and logical assumptions.
- Competencies: A qualified team with appropriate skills and track record is in place.
- Risk management: All relevant risk drivers and related prevention and risk mitigation measures are defined.
- Proposals must be designed to be implemented in low, lower-middle and upper-middle-income countries.
- Only charities, non-profit organisations and revenue-generating social enterprises may participate.
- Applicants with the skills, resources and commitment to launch and manage a social entrepreneurial initiative related to sustainable water management practices are invited to apply for the ReSource Award.
30 April 2016, 24.00 CET – Participants are requested to answer an online questionnaire on their social entrepreneurial initiative.
In order to apply, provide information on your social entrepreneurial initiative by completing the online questionnaire here, ReSource Award 2016.