The Caribbean Export Development Agency (Caribbean Export) is partnering with the European Union-African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States Technical Barriers to Trade Programme (EU-ACP-TBT Programme) on the delivery of a comprehensive one-year programme aimed at up-skilling Food Safety Service Providers and Quality Assurance Managers from agro-processing companies in three CARIFORUM countries (Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and the Dominican Republic).
- Phase 1: To strengthen the technical capacity of 20 services providers in the field of food safety certification in the identified member states;
- Phase 2: To strengthen the export capacity of 30 – 40 agro processing companies with the emphasis on food safety.
- Participants must have at least 2 years’ experience in the provision of food safety management and certification services to private sector firms and must belong to the target group stated above;
- Participants should be CARIFORUM nationals based in Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago and the Dominican Republic
- Service Providers must have at least basic knowledge on food safety management systems (GMPs, HACCP and/or ISO22000)
- Participants are expected to contribute in the training programmes and technical capacity building sessions (under the supervision of D’Appolonia S.p.A) for private sector firms identified in Phase 2 of this project.
The aim of Phase 1 is to build a pool of competent service providers to provide training and technical services to private sector companies, including the companies to be trained under Phase 2.
- Private Consultants
- Standards Bureaus
- Ministries of Health and Agriculture
- Accredited Laboratories
- Certification Bodies
Training and capacity building activities for service providers will be undertaken under the following 7 modules:
- Module 1 – Traceability
- Module 2 – Quality Management Systems
- Module 3 – HACCP
- Module 4 – EU Food Safety regulations
- Module 5 – ISO 22000:2005
- Module 6 – PAS 220
- Module 7 – US Food Safety regulations