Commonwealth Scholarship for Masters

The UK Department for International Development (DFID) invites students from developing Commonwealth countries to apply for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for Master’s study.

These scholarships, funded by the (DFID) are available to students who would not otherwise be able to study in the United Kingdom.


To apply for these scholarships, you must:

  • Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
  • Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
  • Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2016
  • By August 2016, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard
  • Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country
  • Be unable, either yourself or through your family, to pay to study in the UK

How to apply

You should apply to study an eligible Master’s course at a UK university that is participating in the Shared Scholarship scheme. Click here to learn more

Related posts

Leave your comment Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: